Robert was born on 16 Sep 1786 in Anglesey, Wales, the son of Henry Perry and Margaret Perry (mnu).
He died on 18 Sep 1852 in Radnor, Delaware, Ohio, USA.
His wife was Sarah Ellen Hoskins, who he married on 8 JUN 1811 in Scioto, Delaware, Ohio, USA. Their nine known children were Nancy (1822-1894), Mary (1813-1814), William (1815-1866), Jane (1817-?), Henry (1819-1894), Jacob (1821-1874), Sarah (1824-1824), Robert (1825-?) and Richard (1827-1828).
|Birth||16 SEP 1786||
|Death||18 SEP 1852||
Radnor Cemetery, Lych Gate entrance, from graveaddiction.com 2009
||See Note 2|
|Occupation||superintendent of the [Radnor?] Sunday School|
Some discrepancy in marriage date and place:
The 1880 History of Delaware and Ohio states: “The first marriage in the township was that of Robert Perry, who wooed and won the fair Sarah Hoskins. The ceremony took place in the log cabin of Richard Hoskins in 1808, and was performed by the Rev Cloud, a Methodist minister, who had travelled all the way from Franklinton for that purpose.” The 1880 history records that Henry Perry was persuaded by fellow Welshman David Pugh to leave Baltimore and found a settlement in Radnor in 1803. With sons Ebenezer, 15, and Levi, 13, he travelled more than 500 miles before starting the hard work of clearing land and building a log cabin. The next year, he left his sons in charge of the homestead and returned by foot to Baltimore to bring his wife, Margaret, and the rest of the Welsh-speaking family to their new home. The Welsh language thrived in the community as new migrants arrived. The visit of an itinerant preacher to the Perry home also ensured that Methodism flourished. Robert Perry is listed as the superintendent of the Sunday School. The early settlers traded with Wyandot and Shawanee Indians. A confrontation over a stolen handkerchief nearly ended in serious violence, but was defused when the two sides “smoked the pipe of peace with assurances of mutual friendship”. Both Margaret Perry and Robert were buried in Radnor cemetery.
Radnor Cemetery is located on the north side of Radnor Road, just east of OH-203, in Radnor Ohio (Radnor Township, Delaware County). The coordinates are 40° 23' 7.75" N, 83° 8' 59.11" W.